CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, July 26, 2008

An active few days on the hill...........:)

So first thing in the morning I open the drapes and then the windows to let the morning breeze in. A few mornings ago around 6:30 I checked out the windows too see if I could see any wildlife. I spotted two bucks and watched them for a while. I got this picture as the biggest of the two decided to head over to the neighbors yard. Later that night I went out on the patio to light the BBQ and of course I looked around and saw nothing, just as I was going into the house, low and behold......they are back. This is a picture of the smaller one this time in our other neighbors yard.

So early this evening we went to the grocery store, Saturday run, you know for the things that you will need for Sunday........:). I opened the drapes because I was going to open the windows, a storm was coming and I wanted to have the breeze and I wanted to smell the rain. I know I can't help it, I am a freak about nature and wildife. So as I started to open the drapes I see my litte friend in the backyard, I mean actually on the grass. I watched as he walked around and then promptly laid down on the grass. The poor thing is so skinny and his breathing was very fast. I waited for a while and then snuck down in the basement and basically crept over to the window sort of hunched over as I walked ( I am sure you can all picture that) and lifted the camera up and turned the view finder towards me so I could actually see him without him seeing me. If I looked out the window I would have scared him off. So this is what I took of him. You may think this never ending story is over, oh you would be wrong! I came up stairs and was telling Kenny about how I got the picture, I looked out the door that goes out on the patio from the dining room and there he is staring inside the house. I was laughing when I saw him just staring into the house like he wanted to come in. I walked over to the window next to the door and took this one.
Remember in the beginning of this story I told you that a storm was coming.......remember? Here is the beginning of it right before sunset.

Here it is after the storm had pretty much passed us and started going towards the east. Kenny made fun of me because I basically stalked the poor deer and then kept taking pictures of how different the sky looked every 5 minutes. You know how that is, as the sun goes down the sky changes like crazy. I just love it!!!

This is the end, I promise no more pictures. I just love how the sky can change in a manner of minutes. BTW, the breeze is still blowing and it feels great!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The boy loves it. It would be better if he was there to see it.

A Blogging Babcock said...

How fun! I think the deer was looking to come in because she heard how good your cooking was!

Julie H. said...

I love the last pic of the deer at the bottom. It looks so good! I love to watch how the weather changes too. I think we're getting old... if we get all giddy about the weather.