CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, August 8, 2008

Happy Birthday Kenny!!

Yep, it is time to indulge me one more time as I brag about my best friend, at least it isn't another picture of that deer..............lol!!


Today is Kenny's birthday, 52 years old. Yesterday was our 26 year anniversary and we both kept saying we couldn't' believe it had been that long. He has been married to me half of his life so far, poor guy. It is crazy that we are still so much in love and enjoy spending so much time together. I remember the day we met I "knew" he was the one. I know people say that but to those of us who have had that happen to us, we know with a certainty that permeates down into our soul. Sorry, I just didn't know how else to say it. There are times when I can still see him walking to a restaurant or somewhere that we are meeting and I will remember how I felt that very first time I saw him.........I still feel that same way. I am grateful to this man for many things, for loving me and for letting our children see that as they were growing up, for honoring his Priesthood, for teaching our son that same principle, for being a friend to so many, for struggling so hard to get us to the Temple, for his sense of humor (did I just say that), for being an awesome Dad, and most importantly.......for loving me every minute that we have been together.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Daddy!

A Blogging Babcock said...

Happy Birthday Ken! We love you and think life would be pretty dull not knowing you! -Julie B.

Julie H. said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KEN! We love you too...did I just say that? We think you're funny, but kind of abnoxious...did I just say that? We hope you have a great day and have many more years to come. ((HUGS))
The Hinton Family

Kathy's Boys said...

Happy Birthday Crazy Kenny!! We have a lot of funny stories to tell when we talk about Kenny! My kids still talk about him yelling out to that Policeman driving home from the Bulls game!! Crazy and a lot of fun! We haven't seen you guys for so long...Happy Anniversary too! Isn't it nice to still be so in love after all of these years. Some people are not so lucky!