CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, September 5, 2008

Something from Little Kenny

In Kenny's letter this week he forwarded this poem that he carries around in his scriptures and was ask to read in Sacrament meeting last week. I read it to Ken and couldn't even get through the entire thing. Kenny loves Texas and the people there. I heard from someone last week that is in his ward, they love him too! It comforts me so much to know that people love him and are taking care of him while he is gone. I just wanted to share this with you, I hope you enjoy it.
CREED OF THE UNASHAMED
(author unknown)

I am a part of the fellowship of the Unashamed.
I have the Holy Spirit Power.
The die has been cast.
I have stepped over the line.
The decision has been made.
I am a disciple of His.
I won't look back, let up, slow down, back away, or be still.
My past is redeemed, my present makes sense, and my future is secure. I am finished and done with low living, sight walking, small planning, smooth knees, colorless dreams, tame visions, mundane talking, chintzy giving, and dwarfed goals!
I no longer need preeminence, prosperity, position, promotions, plaudits, or popularity.
I don't have to be right, first, tops, recognized, praised, regarded, or rewarded. I now live by presence, learn by faith, love by patience, lift by prayer, and labor by power.
My pace is set, my gait is fast, my goal is Heaven, my road is narrow, my way is rough, my companions few, my Guide is reliable, my mission is clear.
I cannot be bought, compromised, deterred, lured away, turned back, diluted, or delayed.
I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of adversity, negotiate at the table of the enemy, ponder at the pool of popularity, or meander in the maze of mediocrity.
I won't give up, back up, let up, or shut up until I've preached up, prayed up, paid up, stored up, and stayed up for the cause of Christ.
I am a disciple of Jesus Christ.
I must go till He returns, give till I drop, preach till all know, and work till He stops me.
And when He comes to get His own, He will have no problem recognizing me....... My colors will be clear!

3 comments:

Kathy's Boys said...

That IS really awesome. I will have to steal it from your blog and print it off! Thanks for always commenting on my blog. I love to hear from you.

brittney and leeon said...

I hope you don't mind but we got your blog off of Steve and Kate's. It is fun to see what you are up to. We are up in Provo for the rest of the year and we would like to get together with you sometime.

Brooke said...

I carried that same poem around in my scriptures on my mission! I love that you get to hear from people in Kenny's mission and they tell you how wonderful Kenny is. Doesn't it make you feel so good knowing that there are loving mothers (and fathers) out there taking care of your baby?