CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

A moose sighting!!!!

Ken and I were coming down the hill (we live at elevation 6,200 ft. so it is up in the mountains)
to go to the grocery store last night. I was driving because he just isn't up to it yet, as I came around the first of a series of turns I see this black animal sort of jogging along the other side of the road on the top of a small hill. I was so excited I started yelling at Kenny, "look, look" he saw it as soon as I started acting like a physco.....:) We pulled over and he came down the small hill that he was on, walked across the road (this is a 4 lane road and people usually scream up and down it thank goodness no cars were coming) and then walked into this little pond that you see him in. There must have been 100 cars that stopped to take pictures and just watch him. For those of you that know how much Jessica likes Moose (s) I called her right away and she jumped in her car and came up to shoot these pictures.



After we finally left, we must have watched him for a good 20 minutes Sis went up the road where she went and shot this one of him in the bushes. He is a baby obviously but let me tell you he was a big baby, about the size of a horse. We were only 50 feet from him and he acted as if we didn't bother him at all. Isn't it the coolest?

3 comments:

Julie H. said...

Wow, that's so cool... your having quite the animal adventures living up there. Maybe there's a family of them to see sometime in the future???

Hey, forgot to mention we mailed off our letters to little Kenny two weeks ago. Has he mentioned them yet? No biggie. Kason put a random scripture reference to look up on his picture he drew. We mailed the letters off and later decided to look up what what we wrote out of curiousity. Funny-it was just perfect! You'll have to have Kenny tell you about it.

Kathy's Boys said...

Where DO you guys live? Those are great pictures!
I will let you know when the baby gets here. Tell
everyone Hello.

Kathy's Boys said...

I can't believe I forgot about going to that concert with You. Now that I think about it I totally remember you calling me up inviting me to go and we did have awesome seats. I have pictures of us there! Thanks for taking me. I have seem him so many times, thinking it might be the last, but every year he comes back again and I just gotta go!! He's definately my fav. Thanks for your comments. The baby is wonderful and I know I'm gonna love being a grandma!